This workshop is a short, hands-on robotics course that introduces students to the Raspberry Pi and its myriad of applications. Students will learn about electricity and how to wire circuits using a breadboard, in addition to how to code using Python. Once they have the basics down, they will use hardware like LEDs, buttons, and sensors to create a number of simple circuits, then create programs in Python to make them accomplish specific tasks.
The workshop takes approximately 3 hours to complete, and usually runs side-by-side with a half day Arduino workshop.
In this workshop, students will:
- Learn about the Raspberry Pi and its uses
- Learn about circuits, and how to wire them using a breadboard
- Get used to the basics of Python coding
- Use LED lights, buttons, LDR sensors, and ultrasonic sensors in circuit designs
- Learn how to make these components work with Python and the Pi
- Use all of the above to create setups capable of performing a variety of tasks.