CR101 is a hands-on Robotics course that introduces children to real-life robotics and programming on the computer. Students will learn basic electronics, mechanical design concepts, and robotics theories while using real-world parts. Through a series of challenges of increasing difficulty, children will build logical thinking and problem solving skills while using the Arduino and CarduBlock Edu interfaces.
By the end of this course, students will:
- Have a basic understanding of how electricity works
- Learn about input and output on an Arduino board
- Learn how to use the CarduBlock EDU to program loops, if/else statements, variables, delays, subroutines, etc.
- Use buttons, LED lights, servo/DC motors, and potentiometers in conjunction with the Arduino to make it perform tasks
- Learn how to use tools and given materials to construct rovers, machines, etc.
- Learn how to control their rover and have it respond to external stimuli