CR101 is a hands-on Robotics course that introduces children to real-life robotics and programming on the computer. Students will learn basic electronics, mechanical design concepts, and robotics theories while using real-world parts. Through a series of challenges of increasing difficulty, children will build logical thinking and problem solving skills while using the Arduino and CarduBlock Edu interfaces.
During this course, students will:
- Gain a basic understanding of how electricity works
- Learn about input and output on an Arduino board
- Learn how to use the CarduBlock EDU to program loops, if/else statements, variables, delays, subroutines, etc.
- Use buttons, LED lights, servo/DC motors, and potentiometers in conjunction with the Arduino to make it perform tasks
- Learn how to use tools and given materials to construct rovers, machines, etc.
- Learn how to control their rover and have it respond to external stimuli